Who are the Women of the ELCA?
Our mission and purpose statement: As a community of women created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith , affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action and promote healing and wholeness in the church, society and world.
- WELCA address domestic violence, commercial exploitation, and human trafficking; and support families with special needs.
- WELCA advocate for racial and cultural equity for all people.
- We assist women in their desire to discern God’s call in their lives and discover their spiritual gifts through workshops, Bible Study, retreats, resources and scholarships.
- We respond with justice, for women of the ELCA justice is faith in action. We support organizations that lift up women and children such as 1000 day movement, advocating for better nutrition for women and children between a woman’s pregnancy and her child’s second birthday. We put together health kits, sewing kits, school bags, and quilts for Lutheran World Relief.
- We respond with discipleship, a lifelong journey of living out and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ. We practice discipleship through prayer, studying God’s word, worshiping, inviting, encouraging, serving and giving.
- We respond with stewardship with careful and responsible management of the money, property and resources that God has given us. When we do this we have the resources to provide for the ministries that God has entrusted to our care.
The Women of Northwest Ohio Synodical Women’s Organization is serving our church, community and world.